Upcoming Shows and Auditions
FARMINGTON ARTS IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE AUDITIONS FOR OUR 2018 DINNER THEATER
Auditions: AUGUST 9TH AND 11TH
Show: OCTOBER 10TH-13TH
Auditions will be by appointment through Farmington City Parks and Rec, and by walk in for second priority .
- Get your audition time. Click on this link : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d4ba9ab2ca2f85-forever or Call Farmington Parks & Rec. to schedule your audition time (801)451-0953. By scheduling your audition you gain priority on audition timing. Auditions will be Thursday August 9th and Saturday August 11th. Callbacks will be held Saturday evening by invitation only. By auditioning you are stating that you will also be available for this date in the event you receive a callback.
- Join "Farmington Forever Plaid" group on Facebook.
Rehearsals will be Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday 9 -noon. The final two weeks rehearsals will increase to daily, except for Sunday. Show run is October 10th-October 13th 2018 (no Sunday)
DIRECTOR: FARMINGTON CITY IS THRILLED TO HAVE VISIONARY DIRECTOR SHANNON WILSON AT THE HELM OF THIS SHOW. DON'T MISS YOUR SHOT TO WORK WITH THIS LOCAL ARTS ICON.
CAST: This is an all adult cast.
Francis: The leader and caretaker of the group, Francis has the most confidence. He takes care of his fellow Plaids and makes sure everyone knows where they’re supposed to be and what is supposed to happen next. He is also the connection between the audience and the guys. He has asthma, which acts up whenever numbers are too fast or the choreography gets too energetic. He has a great deal of compassion for the music and the group.
Sparky: The “cut-up” of the group, Sparky is always looking for ways to crack jokes. He is very sharp and loves singing his tailor-made solos. He wears a retainer and has a slight speech impediment or lisp. Even though he is energetic and clever, he cares for his stepbrother, Jinx. He sings with a joyous bravura and loves to perform. He loves to tell stories and relishes every word. He is the comic engine of the show.
Jinx: The shy one, Jinx is usually terrified. He doesn’t always remember what songs come next or what the next move is. He is Sparky’s stepbrother and there is a little sibling rivalry going on between them. He occasionally gets a nose bleed when he sings above an A. He lives his life terrified. He was abused and beaten. He is only in the group because he sings the high notes beautifully. The others are very protective of him.
Smudge: The worrier, Smudge worries about the props and the running order and always assumes that the audience won’t like him. He has a chronic nervous stomach and is very reluctant to perform. He is also very clumsy. Smudge never enjoys or appreciates what he has. He always worries about what is coming up and regrets what is past.
FARMINGTON ARTS IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE AUDITIONS FOR OUR 2018 FALL YOUTH THEATER SHOW:
CAST: AGES 8-18 YEARS
DIRECTOR: FARMINGTON CITY IS HONORED TO HAVE THE ALWAYS FABULOUS BECKY BRADBURY EVENS DIRECTING THIS SHOW.
COME BE PART OF THIS CAST AND LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY!
REGISTRATION: AUGUST 1ST-AUGUST 25TH OR UNTIL FULL
Auditions: AUGUST 23RD AND 25TH, 2018
Show: NOVEMBER 14-17, 2018
Auditions will be by appointment only through Farmington City Parks and Rec.
- REGISTER ONLINE CLICK THE LINK BELOW OR AT FARMINGTON PARKS AND REC 720 W 100 N FARMINGTON.
- Get your audition time. Click on link : www.SignUpGenius.com/go/60B0D4BA9AB2CA2F85-shrek or Call Farmington Parks & Rec. to schedule your audition time (801)451-0953. By scheduling your audition you gain priority on audition timing. Auditions will be Thursday August 23rd and 25th. Callbacks will be held Tuesday August 28th by invitation only. By auditioning you are stating that you will also be available for this date in the event you receive a callback. We will also expect you to show up to your audition time at least 5 minutes prior to all audition times. If you are late to your audition time or you are still filling out audition paperwork you will be asked to come back at the end of auditions. This is to ensure we may keep to our audition schedule
- Complete your audition paperwork. within a few business days of completing your registration, you will be sent an email with paperwork. Paperwork must be complete at time of audition. There will not be time designated for filling out paperwork. Please contact Parks and Rec if you have not received this information within 3-5 business days after your registration is complete
- Join "Farmington Shrek Jr" group on Facebook.
Rehearsals will be Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday 4-6. The final two weeks rehearsals will increase to daily, except for Sunday. November 14-17 2018 (no Sunday)
- Please come prepared to your audition with 16 bars or 45 seconds of a Broadway song in the style of the show. Music cannot be queued up in the room. If providing a CD, and you are not singing from the beginning of the song, you must record your music at the point you will begin singing. Internet at auditions is weak and therefore no streaming music will be accepted as accompaniment. Please download your backing track so that it does not need an internet connection
- Please come prepared to your audition with a 30-60 second monologue.
We can’t wait to see you at your Shrek Jr. Audition. Break a leg kiddo!