All reservations must be made in person at the Parks & Recreation Office located at 720 W 100 N. Phone call reservations will not be accepted.
Reservations may be made for dates from May 1 through September 30 of each year.
Map of Parks
Check out a map of all 11 parks.
Park Reservation Rules
Conditions of Reservations
1. User Fee- The user fee for the bowery or facility may be paid at the same time as the deposit but must be paid 14 days prior to the reservation.
2. Deposit Fee- A $50 reservation/cleaning/damage deposit is to be paid at the time the reservation is made. The deposit will be refunded within two weeks after your reservation if the facility is left in the same condition you found it.
3. Rules and Regulations- Applicant agrees to abide by the “Rules & Regulations” of the park or facility. (See below)
4. Cancellation Fee- A cancellation fee of $5.00 will be assessed on all reservations.
5. Parks Special Use Permit- Applicants must secure a “Parks Special Use Permit” for certain activities at the time of the park reservation. See application “Rules and Regulations”. All special use permits must be secured at least three working days prior to the event.
In case of emergency or problems at the Bowery or facility on your reservation please call 451-0953 Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. The after hours/weekend number is 451-4150. This is the Sheriff's Dept. They will contact the City on-call person.
Park Rules and Regulations
1. Keep your receipt with you while using the facility to show City Maintenance Employees proof of your reservation.
2. In case of inclement weather, the Parks & Recreation Department must be notified at 451-0953 within 48 hours of your reservation in order to obtain a refund.
3. Do not move tables. All tables are to remain in their specified location.
4. All pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Please be a responsible Pet Owner and clean up after your pet.
5. Motorized vehicles are not allowed on the lawn areas for any reason.
6. Users must observe and comply with the reservation dates and times posted on each bowery and/or park.
7. Children using the playground equipment shall do so under adult supervision.
8. No overnight parking or camping is allowed.
9. City ordinances specify park closing time to be 11:00pm.
10. Clean off tables. Remove tape from tables or other facilities, if used.
11. Leave restrooms clean. Restrooms will close near the end of daylight hours.
12. Pick up all trash and leave the area in a tidy condition. We recommend that you bring garbage bags with you. Please pack out what you pack in.
13. No alcoholic beverages allowed in the park.
14. No golf permitted in any park.
15. Skateboards are prohibited except for sidewalks, pathways or in the designated location at South Park (Skate Park).
16. Person(s) violating any of these instructions, signs or rules by the City may be evicted from the park by a police officer of the City.
17. A Special Use Permit is required for the following:
- Groups over 300
- Use of amplified sound
- Band groups
- Additional electricity (Woodland lawn area)
- City athletic field lighting (except tennis courts)
- Animals (other than pets)
- Extra power for bounce houses or other amusement devices
- Any other uses that may adversely affect abutting neighbors.
You may pick up a Special Use Request Form at the Parks & Recreation Office. "Amplified sound" means the use of any device or means to project or amplify any sound audible to persons separated by distance from the source, and shall include, but not be limited to, the use of public address systems, stage microphones, and bullhorns. Patrons must comply with the existing city "noise ordinance"
Scheduling of Sport Facilities:
• Volleyball court reservations may be made for South Park, Shepard Park and Woodland Park.
• Tennis Court reservations may be made for Shepard Park.
• Athletic field reservations and associated lighting may be made through the Parks & Recreation Department during regular business hours.
*The number of Special Use Permits for sound amplification, band groups, and lighting within Woodland Park shall be limited to 15 events per year, including City-sponsored events, to be held on not more than 15 days, not to include more than 5 weekends, and not to include more than 4 weekends during the months of June, July and August. Weekends are defined as 5:00pm Friday afternoon through 11:00pm Saturday evening. The number of Speical Use Permits in all othe City Parks for band groups shall not exceed two (2) per year inclusive of City-sponsored events. No Special Use Permits for sound amplification, band groups, and lighting in Woodland Park shall be permitted or issued for Sunday events. No Special use permits for band groups in any City Park shall be permitted or issued for Sunday events. The time limitation for band groups authorized by Special use Permits except for City-sponsored events shall not exceed two (2) hours.
18. All users of City Parks shall be subject to and comply with City noise ordinances and County Health Department regulations.
19. Woodland Park gates shall be closed to motorized vehicles from November 30th to March 1st (weather and road conditions permitting) of each year, except by special permission from the City.
20. All reservations for park facilities shall be made on a first-come first-serve basis; provided, the first week of every year shall be deemed "Residents Only" reservation time wherein residents are given priority for reserving City park facilities for the coming year.
21. Except as provided herein, open fires shall only be permitted within City Parks in designated fireplace, fire pit, or facility intended to contain a fire. Due to fire dangers, open fires are prohibited at Woodland Park and Pond Park from June 1st through October 31st annually or during other periods of restrictions as directed by Resolution of the City Council.
22. Gas grills and other self-contained barbecues may be used within the City Parks, provided that such grills and self-contained barbecues shall be prohibited at Woodland Park and Pond Park from June 1st through October 31st annually or during other periods of restrictions as directed by Resolution of the City Council.
23. Any violation of these Park Rules and Regulations shall be deemed a violation of City Ordinances, subject to fines, forfeitures, penalties and/or imprisonment as a class B misdemeanor. Park users violating these Rules and Regulations may also be evicted from the Park by authorized City personnel.