Length: 1.9 miles Time: 1 hour on foot
Difficulty: Easy Elevation Gain: 12 feet
Description: This is part of a loop trail that circles beautiful areas of open pasture. The trail passes three large ponds with interesting waterfowl to observe. You also have a great view of sunsets across the Great Salt Lake. The Buffalo Ranch Trail (#13.4) completes the loop around the ranch.
Access #1 - 100 N. Trailhead with Parking: From the middle of Farmington, drive all the way west toward the lake on State Street which becomes 100 N. There is a parking lot at the trailhead. The trailhead is to the north by the power tower or south next to the parking lot.
Access #2 - Glovers Lane Junction: Drive all the way west toward the lake on Glovers Lane (925 S.), which you can reach from the south frontage road or 200 E. The trailhead is just west of the FAA radome (a.k.a. “the soccer ball”) after you pass a pond on the left.
• Enjoy viewing the waterfowl in three large ponds.
• The trail circles beautiful areas of open pasture.
• The trail is popular for equestrian use and has horse trailer parking.
• The sunsets are most striking.
• The trail is excellent for walking or jogging.