Description: This is a walking path through a beautiful park with natural vegetation. There are many picnic tables, drinkable water, parking, a streamside nature walk, a volleyball court, a small soccer field, and a stage for evening park performances.
From the park, you can walk up to 200 S. then up the hillside to Steed Canyon. The trails there (#17.1-5) will take you to the top of the cliffs then to the top of the mountain.
Access #1 - 200 E. Trailhead with Parking: 200 E. and 300 South next to the police station. Parking is available in the parking lot west of the police station and down the hill.
Access #2 - Joy Drive: Take Aileen Way (75 W.) south from Farmington Elementary School (200 S.) to Joy Drive (~350 S.). Turn east to the bend in the road. Look for a path on the right between two chain-link fences leading to the park. This is the northwest entrance to Woodland Park and will put you on the trail.
- The park is great for outdoor events, complete with picnic tables, a volleyball court, a large grassy area, a large pavilion, and a stage.
- Several trails wind through forested paths.
- Drinkable water is available.
- Restrooms are available at the entrance.
- There is plenty of off-street parking,
- You can reserve the park through the Parks & Rec Department for family reunions, etc.
- Activity kits can be rented from the Parks & Rec Department with sports items for playing in the park.
- Watch for announcements of plays and concerts in the park.
Trail Surface and Status: The packed dirt trail is in excellent shape for an enjoyable stroll.