If you have an EMERGENCY after business hours please contact dispatch at 801-451-4150

Please enter your name.
Please enter a subject.
Please enter a valid phone number.
Please enter a message.

Public Works
720 West 100 North
Farmington, UT 84025

Phone: (801) 451-2624
Fax:     (801) 451-2442




Water Department

Nearly 90% of Farmington City's drinking water comes from three underground wells located in various locations throughout the City. The remaining 10% comes from the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District.

Water Hardness

Water services that are South of 600 North have a water hardness of 8 grains per gallon.

Water services that are North of 600 North have a water hardness of 10 grains per gallon.


Download PDF:
Water Quality Report 2016

Pay Utility Bill Now


Prevent Frozen Pipes

January is often the time when temperatures fluctuate from moderately warm one week to extremely cold the next. This type of weather can lead to frozen or burst pipes, which often result in damage to property and belongings. There are steps homeowners can take to prevent this from happening.

  1. Keep the heat in your home above 50 degrees
  2. Leave cabinet doors open to allow warm air to reach pipes
  3. It is also a good idea to keep all interior doors open so that heat can flow throughout your home
  4. Allow faucets to drip slightly
  5. Caulk any interior or exterior holes or cracks that exist near pipes
  6. Pipes located in areas that do not have proper insulation, such as basements or attics, may need extra insulation to keep from freezing
  7. Know the location of your water heater and protect that area against the cold
  8. Close your garage and other outside doors
  9. It is wise to keep some water stored for use in case it becomes necessary for public works to temporarily turn off the water supply to your home

A few preventative measures can help homeowners avoid a lot of repair, cleanup and inconvenience. If you would like more information or advice regarding how to protect your property against frozen pipes, please call Farmington Public Works at 801-451-2624

Water Testing

Every three years Farmington City is required to test the amount of lead and copper in our drinking water.  Public works completed the testing between August 2-4, 2016 -- the first test since lead was found in the drinking water in Flint, Michigan.  Samples are not collected from new homes, but twenty samples were collected from older homes that have original kitchen or bathroom faucets and where it is believed that lead exists in the plumbing or lateral.

Farmington is very fortunate to have such non-corrosive water.

  • Results for copper cannot exceed the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) of 1.3 milligrams per liter. Our high test was .824 milligrams per liter and the low was .141 milligrams per liter.
  • Results for lead cannot exceed the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) of .015 milligrams per liter.  Our high test was .0058 milligrams per liter and the low was NonDetect (ND)

These samples indicate the corrosive water levels as they strip copper or lead off of the piping or plumbing fixtures.  To a large degree the plumbing that was installed in the 1970's and 1980's contained a lot of lead.  Brass fixtures contain a small amount of lead.  Lead is no longer used in any plumbing fixtures.