Municipal Elections are every other year. Municipal Elections do not occur the same year as the Federal Presidential elections.
For information regarding elections, please visit the Davis County website at www.DavisVotes.com or call 801-451-3589.
The Following positions will be up for election this year:
1 Mayoral position: 4-year term, January 2022 - January 2026
2 City Council positions: 4-year term, January 2022 - January 2026
These are at-large positions. Interested parties may file for office during normal office hours on June 1 - 7, 2021 at the Farmington City Recorder's Office 160 South Main Street.
The constitutional and statutory qualification requirements for municipal office are:
- Be a United States citizen.
- The person is a registered voter in the municipality.
- The person will be at least 18 years old at the time of the next election.
- The person has been a legal resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- Any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
The statutory filing period is between June 1 and June 7. Interested parties may file for office during normal office hours at the Farmington City Recorder’s Office at 160 South Main Street.
The general election will be held on Tuesday, November 7th. If sufficient candidates file, a primary election will be held on Tuesday, August 15th.
Farmington's ballot drop-box is located at the Farmington Community Center, 120 South Main Street (see picture to the right). To see the locations of all drop-boxes, visit daviscountyutah.gov/clerk-auditor/elections/how-where-to-vote
Other Election Information
Davis County Clerk
Davis County Admin Building
61 South Main Street, Room #104
Farmington, UT 84025
Elections Manager - Brian McKenzie
(801) 451-3508 - Direct
Utah State Elections Office
Utah Lieutenant Governor's Office
Utah State Capitol
Salt Lake City, UT 84114