Farmington residents have expressed concerns about school zone safety, particularly in west Farmington around the new high school. Well,
There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for speeding- tickets will be issued. Please comply with speed limits, especially in neighborhoods, near schools and around parks.
Coming through Farmington August 9th
STREET PARTY: Corner of State & Main @ Old Court House from 12:00 - 2:30
ALL BENCHLAND IRRIGATION WATER DISTRICT USERS
Benchland is implementing water restrictions! Everyone (including Weber basin users) should NOT be watering between 10 am and 6 pm.
BENCHLAND IRRIGATION USERS:
Beginning immediately NO WATERING between 8 am on Saturdays to 8 am Mondays.
WEEKENDS WILL BE PATROLLED AROUND THE CLOCK.
They will be issuing tickets:
1st Offense - $50 fine and irrigation water will be shut off until paid
2nd Offense - $250 fine and irrigation water will be shut off until paid
3rd Offense - Irrigation water will be shut off for the rest of the year.
All Benchland users must cut back watering by 35%. If everyone cuts back the water will last until October 1st. If not, the water will be gone by September 1st.
Example: If watering 3X's a week cut back to 2X's a week, if your timer is set for 15 minutes then cut back to 10 min.
*No new lawns planted. No sod or seed watered this season.
*No special allowances will be made for watering new landscaping with culinary water.
Grass will come back but trees and other landscaping will not.
Millions of dollars of landscaping (trees, shrubs, & perennials etc.) could be lost if everyone does not cut back.
Contact Benchland Irrigation with any questions: 801-451-2105
Please Remember the Following Garbage Can Guidelines:
- Have your trash container at curbside by 6:00 am on collection day. Pickup times may vary.
- Place your container at curbside, facing the street. Do not place your can on top of the curb. For those without a curb, place it within two feet off the blacktop.
- Do not place the container near parked vehicles. When dumping your container, the driver must have clear access to it.
- Do not place the container where it will block delivery of your mail.
- If you have two or more containers, place them four feet apart.
- Do not place the following items in your trash container: hot ashes or coals, large quantities of dirt, sod, rocks or concrete, flammable materials, large bulky items, construction, remodeling, or demolition debris.
- Do not place item of length greater than four feet in the container.
- Please remove your container off the street by the end of the day.
Farmington Police Department has implemented a tool that gives citizens the ability to monitor local crimes. You will see the vicinity (not specific address) where crimes were reported to Farmington police, Kaysville police or the Davis County Sheriff's Office. To access the crime report, go to CrimeReports.com enter 84025 in the *SearchCrimeReports* box You will have the option to filter information by date range, even time range and incident type, including registered sex offenders. The FPD continually strives to make Farmington citizens safe and informed. If you have questions or concerns about safety issues, please call 801-451-5453
City Final Responses to the West Davis Corridor Environmental Impact Statement.
New Trail Books
Pick yours up today at City Hall (160 S Main) for $15. This price will only last as long as the current supply, so come in today and get yours!