Farmington City "No Soliciting" Information
SOLICITORS MUST have a badge on their person (not left in the car) with their picture ID and Farmington City Logo. If they do not have or cannot produce this badge, then they are in violation and you can call the police at 801-451-5453.
Here is part of the code for Farmington City (you may go to http://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=1042 for more on the code. Search "Soliciting"):
SOLICIT, SOLICITED, SOLICITING OR SOLICITATION: Any of the following activities engaged in with a resident at his or her place of residence:
- Seeking to obtain orders for the sale or exchange of services, goods, wares, merchandise or perishables of any kind, for any kind of remuneration or consideration, regardless of whether advance payment is sought;
- Seeking to obtain prospective customers to apply for or to purchase insurance, financial services, subscriptions to publications, or publications;
- Seeking to obtain contributions of money, services or anything of value for the benefit of any person, association, organization, corporation or program;
- Seeking to obtain orders or prospective customers for goods or services; and
- Seeking to obtain appointments or other opportunities to engage in any of the activities listed in subsections 1 through 5 of this definition.
H. Certain Solicitations Prohibited:
1. Attracting Attention When Signposted: It is a violation of this section for any solicitor to knock on the door, ring the doorbell, or in any other manner attempt to attract the attention of an occupant of a residence that bears a "No Soliciting" or similar sign or placard. It is a violation of this section for any solicitor through ruse, deception or concealment of a purpose to solicit, to take action calculated to secure an audience with the occupant of a residence that has posted a "No Soliciting" or similar sign or placard.
3. Failure To Depart: It is a violation of this section for any solicitor who is at any time asked by the resident to leave, to fail to immediately and peacefully depart. (Ord. 2014-38, 12-2-2014)
I. Time Of Day: It shall be unlawful for any person, whether a registered solicitor or not, to solicit any person at a residence before eight o'clock (8:00) A.M. or after nine o'clock (9:00) P.M. Mountain time on business days, or before nine o'clock (9:00) A.M. or after nine o'clock (9:00) P.M. Mountain time, on Saturdays, Sundays or legal holidays, unless the solicitor has express prior permission from the resident to do so. (Ord. 2014-38, 12-2-2014; amd. 2016 Code)